Procurement Manager - Houston, TX
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client, a large midstream corporation is seeking a Procurement Manager to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX on a 12-month contract assignment initially.
- Leads the development and execution of critical sourcing initiatives, adding value though their breadth of experience, expertise, and established networks.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
- The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers and building support for the initiatives, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and measuring / reporting the value delivered.
- Provide coaching and guidance on PSCM practice and procedures to other PSCM and non-PSCM staff.
- Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- Developing sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives
- Understanding business requirements for third party goods and services
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management
- Managing supplier relationships, engagement and involvement
- Leading the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
- Providing on-going contract cost management and risk assessment
- Championing and supporting the deployment of the appropriate purchase to pay solution
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
- Coaching less experienced PSCM staff
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- 10+ years relevant experience
Additional Requisition Description
Big 4 Procurement Transformation experience (5+ years)
SME in Procurement Transformation, and/or Shared Services
Practical experience with the full lifecycle of functional optimization, and shared services programs
Project Management experience - working knowledge of project lifecycles, project and resource planning
Change Management experience
Project planning and control
Status Tracking and Reporting
PowerPoint and MS Project - advanced skills
Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
A minimum of 8 years consulting and/or industry experience is required
Bachelor's Degree minimum
Ability to travel 10%