Our client, a major company within the LNG segment, is seeking a Production Engineer to work within their facilities in Corpus Christi, TX on a 6-12 months assignment.
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply for this role!
The Staff Engineer (Production) is responsible for closely working with the Production/Operations, Maintenance, Commercial Operations, and Technical Services departments to assist in supporting the safe and sustainable realization of facility production targets and other critical KPI's.
This would include but not be limited to the maintenance of facility production capacity curves, tactical plant optimization and monitoring tools specific to all sections of the LNG facility, the reviewing of a facility Production Forecasting model, the maintenance of a facility loss accounting tool, assisting with Supply Chain Management, management of departmental KPIs, Production Reporting, and coordination of supply of catalysts and chemicals needed to operate the facility.
- Understanding all facets of Feed Gas Allocation, and LNG/NGL production, storage, and shipping, including health, safety, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards.
- Understanding the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry as applied to an operating process unit. Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods used to keep process facilities safe.
- Knowledge of LNG process engineering.
- Competent in the use of process simulation software.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
Technical Support / Process Optimization
- Prepare Production performance summaries for each process unit summarizing data on total production, capacity utilization, operating reliability, unit efficiency, production loss categories and quantities, and energy utilization.
- Assist with development and utilize scheduling tools that monitor process efficiency and make improvement recommendations that will increase productivity.
- Provides daily support to plant Production personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns.
- Assist with development of computer process simulations in support of daily plant operations as necessary.
- Interact with Technical Services process engineers to define problems that need further study, design and carry out tests in the interest of enhancing production or solving process problems.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of facility changes.
- Participate in RFCA's, Hazops, ect.
- Support procedure development and training related to capital projects, temporary or new modes of operation, and compliance.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Work with Engineering and Construction department to assure O & M interests are represented on major projects.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical or Petroleum Engineering. A Professional Engineer's (PE) License is a plus but not required
- Experience: Eight(8) years demonstrable experience as a Production Engineer or Process Engineer on an LNG Liquefaction Facility or equivalent applicable experience is required with a solid understanding of feed gas pre-treatment, NGL/Condensate management and Storage and loading.