Airswift is seeking a Production Engineer to work on a 6-months contract in Corpus Christi, TX for a large LNG Company.
They'll report to the Senior Production Engineer and will be responsible for closely working with the Production/Operations, Maintenance, Commercial Operations, and Technical Services departments to support the safe and sustainable realization of facility production targets and other critical KPI's. This would include but not be limited to supporting the maintenance of facility production capacity curves, tactical plant optimization and monitoring tools specific to all sections of the LNG facility, support the maintenance of a facility loss accounting tool, assisting with Supply Chain Management, support the management of departmental KPIs, Production Reporting, and support the coordination of supply of catalysts and chemicals needed to operate the facility.
- Understands all facets of Feed Gas Allocation, and LNG/NGL production, storage, and shipping, including health, safety, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards.
- Understands the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry as applied to an operating process unit.
- Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods used to keep process facilities safe.
- Working knowledge of LNG process engineering.
- Competent in the use of process simulation software.
- Work with the outage planning organization as a technical resource.
- Support the monitoring and ordering of catalysts and chemicals needed to manage the facility.
- Maintain tools and energy balance models.
- Perform daily energy balance.
- Support with quantifying facility emissions to support environmental and compliance reporting.
- Calculate flared quantities for daily operations and for scheduled outages.
- Maintain the daily Production status reports depicting all critical information and data for end users: this includes Inlet Feed Gas measurement and allocation, Power Consumption, LNG/NGL Production, Emissions and Waste measurements, and Efficiency monitoring.
- Develop, measure and generate reports against Production KPIs.
- Provides daily support to plant Production personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns.
- Assist with development of computer process simulations in support of daily plant operations as necessary.
- Interact with Technical Services process engineers to define problems that need further study, design and carry out tests in the interest of enhancing production or solving process problems.
- Understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of facility changes.
- Participate in PHA's, RCFA's, etc.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor's degree in Process/Chemical or Petroleum Engineering. A Professional Engineer's (PE) License or equivalent CEng license is a plus.
- Experience: Four (4) years demonstrable experience as a Production Engineer or Process Engineer on a LNG liquefaction facility or equivalent applicable experience is required with a solid understanding of feed gas pre-treatment, NGL/Condensate management and Storage and loading applications. Other Process related experience in petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience is a plus.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Competent in use of specialized software including but not limited to PI, Process Book, Sigmafine, HYSYS, Pro-Treat, HTRI
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of P&ID's, HMB and complex loops and control logic
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.