Our client, a major LNG company is seeking a Production Engineer to work within their facilities in Houston, TX.
The Production Engineer will assist the Manager Production Support in ensuring Production Engineering Standards, Processes, Procedures and Tools are developed and maintained and to work with operating facility teams to ensure compliance with same.
The Production Engineer will also provide Production Engineering support thru production performance analysis and production optimization to the companies facilities.
Good knowledge of the design, operation and maintenance of process equipment and associated systems. They should demonstrate experience in a hydrocarbon processing environment and have good understanding of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, hydrocarbon process chemistry and be familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods/systems and tools used to keep process facilities operating in safe manner.
The Production Engineer will have knowledge of fundamentals of hydrocarbon measurement and reporting standards as pertains to gaseous/liquids hydrocarbon streams and should be experienced in the execution of energy and material balances in a hydrocarbon processing facility.
Experience in production planning for a hydrocarbon processing facility or pipeline operation is preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assist Manager Production Support in maintaining enterprise wide production engineering processes, procedures and tools.
- Facilitate consultation and review of existing/ production engineering procedures and processes with operating facility teams.
- Provide required analysis of production forecasting data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Maintain production performance KPIs and databases required to support reporting and assessment for the operational areas
- Provide production engineering support for enterprise wide production data reporting systems and tools development.
- Work with facility teams in the governance and implementation of the production reporting and loss- accounting systems.
- Assist operational areas in identifying and capitalizing opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all the relevant production data and KPIs are collected and accurately reported for input into assigned bench-marking exercises.
- Assists in the annual preparation of the rolling five-year production plan by collecting the relevant data, as they relate to historical facility production and capacity performance, . Perform data validation and analyses by applying appropriate analytical tools and systems to deliver these activities effectively.
- Provided Production Engineering Support to site teams as required is production loss investigations and assessment
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. A Professional Engineer's (PE) License is a plus.
- Experience: One (1) to Five (5) years experience in an industrial setting in engineering or operations, depending on type of experience. Experience with LNG liquefaction, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing is required.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.