Client Overview -
Our client is a global provider of innovative solution in the areas of consumer packaging, industrial packaging and products, likewise packaging supply chain services globally. With requirements in Taiwan foresee exponential growth, our Client is currently in the market for a Production Leader / Manager to be based out of Miaoli, Taiwan.
This leader will provide good leadership strength into leading the Production Department in addition to achieving maximum production and operating efficiencies in terms of Safety, Cost, Quality and On-Time delivery for the manufacturing plant.
Main portfolio for the aforementioned role -
- Establish and ensure a safe and healthy working environment in the plant.
- To supervise the subordinates, implement and follow the production processes and
activities according to the Quality, Quality Procedures and Works Instructions.
- To ensure that the Department produce and manufacture the products and meet specified quality by Customers.
- Monitor and continuous improvement on the established quality system, i.e. 1st piece inspection, in process inspection, SPC, etc, as required, to achieve maximum quality output.
- To plan and organize the daily production activities so as to achieve the desired standards of efficiency and productivity.
- Co-ordinate and ensure that tools and raw materials qualified for running a quality products.
- Train and develop subordinates so that maximum effectiveness and good performance are achieved and maintained.
- Control and maintain sufficient manpower through proper managing of the subordinate attendance to meet the daily work requirement and adherence to production schedule so as to avoid any delivery failure.
- To ensure that the work area is well maintain according to 5S and carry out machine preventive maintenance activities as per plan.
- Co-ordinate with Production Planning/Logistic Department on the production process of goods and their transfer to store.
- Maintain work discipline and motivate subordinates, setting standard for performance review and addressing performance issues of employees.
- Recommend replacement for manpower for turnover and new addition.
- Implement safety program and enforce safe practices by the subordinates.
- Ensure all subordinates adhere to the Company works safety regulations strictly, i.e. Lock-out/Tag-Out procedure and perform DSA, PPEs are to be worn at all times, etc.
- Timely submit equipment investment plan.
- Properly manage tooling, fixture and production assets to ensure company property is in expected life cycle.
Qualifications & Experience -
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Process Engineering or related discipline with at least 10 years working experience in manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge and experience in assembly line and mass manufacturing is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO standards, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Strong problem solving skill and understanding of PDCA, Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement tools and methodologies.
- Possess good leadership, organizational co-ordination skills and execution abilities and strong sense of responsibility.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-faceted team environment.
- Past experience and exposure in MNCs desired.