Our client, is looking for two Project Contracts Specialists to work in their Houston, TX and King of Prussia, PA office.
REPORT: Position of Project Contract Administrator reports to the Capital Procurement Manager with responsibility for the formulation/development and administration of CAPEX project contracts, with indirect reporting responsibilities to Project Procurement Managers of assigned capital projects.
- Contract Preparation and Administration
- Participates in the development and fulfillment of contract requirements and documents in the purchase or sale/delivery of equipment, materials, products or services
- Evaluates contract compliance and advises others on contractual rights and obligations
- Perform post award activities including coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, preparation.
- Facilitate the internal review and approval of final contract documents and document approvals received
- Participate as meeting scribe for vendor meetings specific to project status and issue resolution
- Manage subcontracts and perform any other tasks, as assigned, to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Ensure documentation to negotiate change orders and claims is properly produced.
- Follow up on problems which demand attention to ensure timely response.
- Prepare reports to the Contracts Manager as required.
- Work collaboration with Law Department, Procurement and Project Team in the preparation of the assigned Claims.
- Follow-up on required responses.
- Attend project meetings as requested, record meeting minutes & conference call notes, track actions resulting from such meetings.
- Prepare and/or manage the retention of required correspondences, replies, notices actions and variations required for the project and assure that all contract administration requirements are covered in a timely manner, and complying with the provisions of the contracts.
- Discuss with the Project Procurement Manager(s) and get advice on the important and critical issues of the project.
- Document Management
- Develop and implement a Purchasing project file system to retain purchase orders, purchase order supporting documentation, change orders and supporting documentation including notices, communications and meeting/discussion notes, and communications regarding issues and potential claims
- Manage the storage of indirect goods and services contracts in accordance with Arkema Legal department procedures
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 7+ years experience in a purchasing or contracts administration role supporting large capital projects (greater than $25M USD) preferably in the chemicals or petrochemical manufacturing industry,
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands and projects with minimal supervision
- Results oriented self-starter with business/financial acumen and sense of urgency
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication