Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Project Control System to work within their facilities located in Deer Park, TX. This will be for a long term contract.
You will provide control systems equipment technical assurance for all project phases. This includes design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, commissioning, startup, and closeout. The responsibilities of this role will be accomplished through the personal application of technical skill and knowledge and through the coordination and involvement of the appropriate technical resources available on site.
Though some limited design work might occasionally be undertaken, it is not intended that the individual in this role will provide detailed engineering design. The person in this role will, however, be expected to provide detailed design input in terms of required standards, specifications and materials of construction, and will further provide review, comment and overview of the detail design provided by others. This individual will also be expected to specify required quality control and quality assurance hold points and examinations, and to provide review, comment and overview of vendor, fabricator, and constructor quality control programs
- Participate in the MOC (Management of Change) process, where applicable &Sign as Technical Reviewer.
- Participate in Safety Environmental Operability Review's (SEOR) and Pre Start-up Safety Review's (PSSR), as required
- Utilize the Knowledge Management System (KMS) for sign off of all assigned MOC and PSSR items
- Participate in and comply with safety programs, training, and activities, as required.
- Maintain regular contact and communication with the area and unit support Control Systems personnel (I&PC).
- Responsibility for providing Control Systems Technical Assurance during all phases of the Project Process, i.e. Concept Development, Feasibility, all FED phases, final AFE development, construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Provides Control Systems technical assurance for the detailed engineering and procurement phase of all projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the projects from a Control Systems perspective (equipment, design, and specifications).
COMMISSIONING AND START-UP PHASES
- Provide technical support to equipment commissioning and start-up activities.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot project control/instrumentation problems.
- Assure that data (process and status information) is entered into Plant historian, Advisor and other systems as needed.
- Assure Raddical Insight information changed as a result of the project are updated.
- Assure complex loop descriptions are created or updated, as required.
- Participate in systems turnovers, as needed.
- Prepare equipment and related facilities commissioning guidelines and procedures, as required.
- Audit equipment testing, monitoring, repairs and adjustments during the commissioning and start up periods.
- Provide technical guidance to operations in preparing equipment start up, operating, shutdown and emergency guidelines and procedures, as required.
- Assure all instrument data is entered into INTOOLS, i.e. wiring, equipment specification, etc.
- Flow calculations are completed in INTOOLS and stored.
- Develop or assure development of ACAD loops drawings (instruments and analyzers) as needed, i.e. complex loops and other non -standard loops.
- Participate in operator's training sessions and provide training material, if applicable.
- Assemble electronic loop data suitable for input into the current Electronic Data Management Systems for (instruments and analyzers) and hard copy loop folders for the field, as needed.
- Assure CS related electrical schematics and wiring drawings are updated and delivered as agreed to in the project deliverables.
- Assure that all SIS related documentation is transferred to the appropriate area Control Systems personnel and meets the GAME SIS requirements for documentation.
- Control Valve test data updated and stored in INTOOLS.
- Thermowell Failure calculation -TWFAIL/INTOOLS calculations - hard copies scanned and saved in INTOOLS for TWFAIL if INTOOLS is not used.
- Ensure turnover of software packages and all required software licenses to the appropriate Control Systems personnel.
Experience & Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent 15+ years experience in Control System (Instrument or Process Control) Engineering.
- Experience in Control Systems field support with heavy emphasis on instrumentation technology.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.