Our client, one of North America's leading energy infrastructure companies, is seeking someone for a Project Controller position to work within their facilities located in downtown Houston, TX.
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion.
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
- Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances.
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labor rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance.
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
- Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks.
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly).
- Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on high governance activities or complex issues, including those without formal guidelines or precedents.
- Exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to execute responsibilities and interpret policy.
- Responsible for overseeing and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics, which support the effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting.
- Reviews reports, analyses data and proposes recommendations in support of cost management governance.
- Provides input related to improvements and process developments.
- Considered a Specialist, works independently and demonstrates independent judgment in relation to accountabilities, including compilation and analysis of data.
- Develops risk mitigation and ongoing improvements and developments in projects.
- Identifies opportunities for cost improvements and internal benchmarking within and outside of areas of accountability.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to junior colleagues.
- Represents the department as a key contact, interacting with Project Managers, senior internal and client personnel on significant and complex project governance and controls matters.
- Must have oil & gas experience;
- Pipeline/midstream will be a bonus
- SAP experience will be a bonus
- Must have from 7 to 10 years of experience