Our client, one of North America's leading energy infrastructure companies, is seeking someone for the Project Controller position to work within their facilities located in Charleston, WV.
This position will be responsible for identifying, collecting and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics in support of effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting. Prepares forecasts, trending reports and governs commitment to budget and forecast. Reports on deviations throughout the lifecycle of the project. Liaises with Project Managers, internal and client personnel regarding project control activities. Considered a fully qualified Project Controller, May be tasked to provide guidance to junior staff within appropriate limits. Recommends alternatives and solutions to routine and somewhat complex problems.
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion.
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
- Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances.
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labor rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance.
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
- Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks.
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly). Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends.
- Degree/technical degree required; Accounting, Business Management, Engineering or Project Management degree preferred
- Experience with cost control concepts and practices on capital projects
- Proven supportive team member who helps oversee, lead, advise and motivate a work team.
- Exhibits the behaviors valued in the organization
- Knowledge and some experience with project and portfolio management processes, policies and principles
- Experienced with Excel spreadsheets, word processing and database software; proficient in use of PC; willingness to use and learn current and future systems/applications