Our client, a major chemical company, is seeking someone for a Project Cost Analyst position to work within their facilities located in Victoria, TX.
- Implement, administer and maintain cost control processes to track and report project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts on projects
- Assign job-specific code of accounts, in accordance with the approved WBS (Work Break Down Structure) working closely with the project scheduler, estimator, project manager, etc.
- Provide a full Cost Engineering, Analysis and Cost Control guidance to the Project Manager using various tools such as "earned value" for engineering and design, construction and owner's cost
- Develop/maintain weekly and monthly cost reports in tabular and graphical formats for each project, including but not limited to 'Earned Value Report', 'Productivity Report', 'Plan Spent versus Actual Spent' etc. and recording and extracting committed/actual cost to-date for Direct & indirect Costs
- Generate/update expenditure phasing, cash flow reports, as required
- Ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded and in compliance with all company, audit and accounting procedures
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- BS Degree in Business Management, Accounting or Engineering is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite with proficient skills in Excel (required) -Access and PowerPoint (preferred)