Project Designer Roads
Posted: 05-12-2017 05:53
Brisbane CBD, Queensland, Australia
- Assist in the investigation, design and documentation of transport infrastructure projects with a strong customer focus to Road & Traffic customers.
- Contribute to project delivery by preparing complex designs and drawings for roadworks, bikeways, drainage, and signs and pavement markings.
- Prepare schedules of quantities, estimates and construction documentation.
- Conduct site inspections to obtain field measurements, make relevant observations to advise customers on technical matters.
- Consult, liaise and negotiate outcomes with a range of stakeholders.
- Apply relevant design guidelines and legislation requirements to ensure work complies with community standards, meets legal obligations, and is consistent with Council policies.
- Ability to work in a team environment with the objective of contributing to the timely delivery of project design in a customer driven, business-like organisation.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience in the use of CADD systems (eg. 12D, AutoCAD, PC Drain).
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in designing civil infrastructure projects including traffic control devices, and an ability to investigate and advise on technical issues.
- Ability to manage and deliver projects of limited complexity, with a strong focus on customer service and output delivery in accordance with agreed time, cost and quality objectives.