We are looking for Project Engineers (2 openings) for one of our client which operates in oil and gas sector.
Terms and conditions:
Daily rate: 440 GBP Gross per day
Work schedule: 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week
Location: UK, Pangbourne
Contract End date: 20.11.2019
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Design architect / design authority for the components and assembly
- Generation of CAD models, manufacturing drawings, management of the CAD system and design release process
- Design calculations, structural modelling and fluid modelling using proprietary CAE tools
- Lead the interface and management of component suppliers to complete Cost Engineering (CE) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) activities at component and system level
- Ownership of the BoM and material release schedule for parts ordering and build
- Support for key engineering deliverables in stage gate product development process
The successful candidate should have:
- Energy and enthusiasm to make company a success
- Ability to travel abroad (e.g key automotive markets such as USA/Japan/Germany) to support the programme
- Comprehensive knowledge and competence in mechanical design and the development of new automotive technology.
- Experience of management and execution of complex engineering development projects within time and resource constraints.
- Knowledge of production engineering activities including Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Cost Engineering (CE).
- Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical groups with an ability to convey complex ideas or issues succinctly.
- A natural problem solving capability, with an aptitude in foreseeing, avoiding or solving problems for the purpose of producing optimal designs or ensuring project progression to plan.
The following should be demonstrable by the role holder in an engineering context:
- Broad knowledge of automotive technology and mechanical design
- CAD design in CATIA / NX / Solidworks
- Component or product design and development
- Working within teams to develop engineering products from concept through to production according to a stage gate development process
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive industry development processes
- Experience working as an interface role with suppliers and customers
- An analytical approach to decision making
- Experience of working effectively in teams as both a contributor and as a leader
The following capabilities are highly desirable:
- Experience of managing the design and development of plastic based under-bonnet engine components (sumps, oil filter housings, inlet manifolds etc.)
- Knowledge of internal combustion engine systems, engine lubrication systems and hydraulics