Our client, a major LNG company is seeking a Project Engineer to work on a open-ended assignment in Houston, TX.
Ideal candidate should have mechanical/process background and be to handle multiple projects; strict timelines and dealing with all departments in the business.
Responsible for coordination of activities within a multi-discipline cross functional development team to mature proposed projects from Concept to Final Investment Decision (FID).
Projects will be predominantly based on LNG technology but could also range to cover non-US onshore regasification and floating facilities project development.
The Project Development Process will typically involve compilation of Basis of Designs, FEED documentation, FERC Documentation, Business Cases, Project Execution Plans, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance Plans, Health, Safety and Security Plans, Capital Committee Memorandum, Budget Estimates and all other relevant documentation as necessary to ensure the project can move forward into the Execution Stage.
Understanding of all facets of the engineering, procurement, construction, and operation of world class LNG liquefaction plants, including health, safety, quality, and logistics. In-depth knowledge of design, operation and maintenance of equipment and systems within an LNG or Regas terminal. Knowledge of Project Development and Business Planning processes including stage gates, cost estimating, scheduling and risk analysis.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide input into development of necessary standards, processes and procedures and ensure that these are applied to all new development projects.
- Develop scopes of work, budgets, schedules and cost estimates for activities to be performed during the development stages.
- Act as Company representative for the execution of specified work scopes.
- Work with Supply Chain Management to define technical requirements and engineering deliverables in contracts. Solicit and evaluate bids for project scope of work and labor.
- Provide input into Facility / Asset Master Planning and develop an in-depth understanding of any assigned facilities current and forecast infrastructure capability and the options available to make best use of the Terminals spare capacity in order to develop appropriate fit for purpose lowest cost future LNG expansion projects.
- Assess technical risks and technical challenges and provide appropriate mitigation plans.
- Participate in project risk, process, constructability, cold eyes, HAZID / HAZOP and other safety reviews as required.
- Education and Certifications: A bachelor's degree in Engineering is required and Professional Engineering License in good standing with at least one state is preferred.
- Minimum Ten (10) years overall project delivery experience, Five (5) years of LNG experience as a Project Engineer. Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Experience with major producer corporations preferred.