Our client, a major company within the LNG industry is seeking a Projects Engineer to work on an assignment through the end of the year (subject to extension) within their facilities in Sabine Pass, TX.
This Project Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient development and execution of capital and expense projects at the Sabine Pass Facility.
Individual should have a broad understanding of project management from FEL through project completion. Experience with Design and Engineering activities related to LNG processing, storage, and transportation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manages a portfolio of projects for the site and provides key input into the 5-year CAPEX plan for the site.
- Manage all phases of project development FEL through project completion with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- Supports all phases of project and leads the coordination of work including, safety, process design, front end engineering and design, detailed design, procurement, cost control, schedules, quality, construction planning, execution planning, and commissioning.
- Liaison with Engineering and Construction (E&C) on larger projects.
- Ensures the technical integrity of the project, including compliance with the project scope, specifications, sound engineering judgement and company basic engineering design documents.
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team of engineers, designers, and contractors.
- Develop Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) documents and ensure the project deliverables are produced in accordance with the agreed safety, cost, technical and schedule parameters.
- Report project status on a monthly basis including, updated cost reports, project forecast, variance report, procurement status, schedule, accomplishments, issues and path forward.
- Coordinate project activities with technical service engineering, maintenance, operations, production engineering and outage planning.
- Participate in design engineering reviews, management of change (MOC) process, constructability review, operability review, safety review, HAZOP, and PSSR.
- Deliver projects that ensure safe, reliable and efficient LNG operations and are executed on time and on budget.
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor degree in Engineering. A Professional Engineer's (PE) License is a plus but not required.
- Experience: Fifteen (15) plus years of project engineering/management experience. Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.