The Project Manager will form an integral part of a highly functioning integrated team, working on a long term contract located close to Newcastle, NSW. Reporting to the Lead Electrical Project Manager they will take on full responsibility for and provide leadership in managing and delivering Electrical based projects in a brownfield environment. They will also have the opportunity to engage in multidiscipline project teams by providing electrical design, engineering, construction and commissioning activities for other projects and developments, across the Alliance delivery scope. The Project Manager will take on full responsibility to engage with the client / develop scopes / estimates / schedules / budgets as well as coordinate with suppliers, third party technical and engineering organisations in the delivery of the client's objectives.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager (Electrical) of our client.
Location- Newcastle, NSW
Duration- Permanent or Long Term Contract
- Practice and promote our drive towards zero harm;
- Manage assigned portfolio of Capital and Major Maintenance projects primarily associated with but not limited to Electrical discipline to achieve quality outcomes which meet both company and Client technical requirements and business outcomes;
- Manage and co-ordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner;
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager, take responsibility for and support coordination of field work and activities of sub-contractors and third party suppliers / OEM's in the delivery of project packages;
- Take on full responsibility for managing cost and schedule associated with assigned projects and monitoring, coordinating and reporting on their status;
- Work closely with "onsite" and "offsite" engineering teams to ensure seamless project management and delivery of assigned electrical and / or instrumentation projects;
- Ensure high integrity in tendering and commercial interactions;
- Proactively seek out value add opportunities across the business;
- Challenge the norm by identifying innovative ways to achieve desired business outcomes without necessarily following the traditional engineering route;
- Foster development of people within the team even where these are not line reports;
- Access appropriate technology and apply this within the team structures;
- Adopt and professionally apply Alliance business processes;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other stakeholders.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 10 years relevant experience on client sites / brownfield environments;
- Brownfield experience / client sites is essential - aluminium smelting or similarly aligned processing industry;
- A demonstrated ability to contribute towards Zero Harm;
- Experience in Control Systems hardware / software;
- Demonstrated capability and experience / Project management of smaller industrial electrical based projects / packages as well as contributing to the electrical aspects of other discipline lead work;
- Solid background in field work and understanding of work methods and activities;
- An ability to implement change and continually improve processes;
- Ability to simultaneously work across multiple projects of various size and complexity, manage competing priorities and meet budget and deadlines;
- Strong customer focus and proven skills in building long-term customer relationships;
- High level of project and people management skills;
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to relate to all levels of customer and colleagues;
- Demonstrated strengths in innovation, customer service and the use of own initiative to solve problems and generate continuous improvements.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by the 15th December 2017.