Our client is seeking a Project Manager (Intermediate) to join their team for a contract opportunity that will run till the end of 2019. There is a chance of extension for this role.
The purpose of this role is to project manage medium - large scale projects throughout the project life cycle, and act as the liaison between business and IS for IS-related projects. This role actively participates are part of the Project Support team to support project delivery for key client groups. The role is accountable for Project Management, Employee Engagement (Change Management), and Facilitation for identified priority projects. This role also provides mentorship contributes to the ongoing refinement and improvement of Project Management Methodology and tools.
- Participate in all phases of a project including scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, design, testing, training, implementation and support. Manage the project within prescribed deadlines and budget as required.
- Provides and co-ordinates change management/ employee engagement activities to ensure that systems are implemented in a positive manner with the corresponding business process redesign and training.
- Participates in external software and hardware vendor relationships for product evaluation and co-ordinates testing and training of the product.
- Keeps company management informed of project status through ongoing contact, communication and presentations.
- Acts as an internal project resource on other Company or Corporate projects or initiatives as required providing business process knowledge and expertise, facilitation and leadership skills and system development experience.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or relevant work experience
- Minimum four (4) years project management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of project management methodology.
- Experience with change management initiatives and the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated facilitation experience (session design and delivery)
- Excellent oral, written & presentation communication skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft & internet office skills required (SharePoint, MS Project PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Acts in a manner consistent with our Culture and Values
- PMP Designation Preferred
- Operational experience preferred