Our client, an international Oil production company, is seeking someone for a Project Risk Specialist position to work within their facilities located in Anchorage, AK.
The Project Risk Specialist will support the team in managing risk associated with the development, monitoring, and management of activity plans for the BU's Development Project. The focus is on ensuring effective and consistent approaches to the management and Analysis of cost / schedule risks impacts in relation to the Development Project phases.
- Collaborate with project teams to determine risks indicators, level of risk acceptability based on OSA risk tolerance and risk impact prior to analysis
- Support project development teams in identification of project risks, potential flaws, budget and scope changes and their impacts
- Assess risks against established OSA indicators and prioritize based on risks level
- Develop detailed plan of actions for project risk reduction confirming desirability and objectives, identifying the best means of mitigating each risk based on acceptability levels and cost
- Engage with multiple project stakeholders to gather data to develop/refresh the Risk Register.
- Challenge and encourage alternate views to fully explore potential scenario outcomes.
- Stimulate identification of mitigating actions and qualitative impact and likelihood assessments
- Evaluate project risk exposure (both cost and schedule), evaluate contingency pool and recommend actions for contingency management
- Perform Probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk Analysis by mapping Opportunity/Risk Register entries to project schedule and quantify impacts into duration/ cost ranges.
- Develop overview presentation material to interpret and explain result output
- Work with scheduling team to evaluate critical path and near critical path(s) analysis, and ensure deliverables are met
- Maintain and manage risk registers. Present risk management status to Project Development Team & generate periodic risk management reports.
- Interface with project team members to discuss and challenge risk status and close out references.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance-, business-, or engineering-related subjects is preferred
- Any relevant professional certifications would be highly desirable (e.g. project management, risk management)
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc)
- Experience facilitating risk / opportunity brainstorming workshops
- Fully versed with Monte Carlo Simulation techniques, Risk Management principles, and industry standard tools, such as @Risk, Primavera Risk Analysis & Acumen Risk
- Experience working with SAP would be desirable
- Experience * 3 - 5 years of project experience, ideally gained in project controls
- Knowledge of technology, good communication, organizational and time management skills - able to identify and solve problems, influence stakeholders and escalate as and when required.