Our client, a refinery and marketing company, is seeking someone for the Project Scheduler / Planner position to work within their facilities located in Port Arthur, TX.
The Project Scheduler / Planner provides support to the Lead Project Scheduler / Planner, as well as site project managers, to manage, implement, and control the overall project scheduling process from conception to project completion for a large portfolio of projects.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of consistent and realistic plans and control structures for each project.
- Understand and monitor the interfaces between assigned project and other projects within the portfolio
- Develop the activities, logic, resources loading and progress to provide fully integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance
- Comply with planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently
- Support the overall schedule monthly progress update cycle, forecast, critical path, and trend analyses.
- Develop status reporting framework and provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to project management.
- Interface with project engineering personnel to assist proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers. Assist with identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s)
- Review and verify contractors reported progress through field walks and incorporate into schedule progress updates
- Contribute to the development of the project risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods as appropriate.
- Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float, consumption and the release of schedule contingency
- Utilize the company standard tool, project standards and control procedures
- Assist in the preparation of input data for benchmarking activities
- Deliver close out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- Maintain historical database of scheduling activities durations and overall cycle times
- Develop schedule basis to document how project plan was developed
- Ability to interface with various site organizations, particularly maintenance and turnaround, to ensure appropriate project interfaces with maintenance and turnaround events
- Must have a bachelor degree or minimum 2 years' experience in refining, manufacturing or petrochemical projects or turnaround
- 2 years of direct experience in scheduling and planning for projects, turnarounds, and/or construction
- Strong knowledge of Primavera P6
- Certified in Primavera P6 will be a plus
- Basic understanding of Project Controls
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, specially Excel with pivot tables, VLOOKUP, charts and others