General Description of Duties:
The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate large projects for the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) and Alaska including managing schedules, scopes and budgets, overseeing 3rd party service providers, and reporting to management. Additionally, this position will be responsible for managing the field training function for both GOM and Alaska.
- Issue budgetary estimate requests to contract companies with outlined project scope.
- Review and recommend budget estimates to the Manager.
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers to stay within approved scopes and budgets.
- Develop Gantt chart project schedules for all project activities.
- Provide regular updates to operations and SEQ management.
- Facilitate project meetings.
- Track overall department budget and individual project budgets for adherence to estimates.
- Evaluate risks associated with each project, including coordinating risk management reviews with stakeholders.
- Perform regular evaluations of project performance and issues recommendations for improvement to the manager.
- Recommend strategic methodologies for the implementation of developed programs and systems.
- Performing all duties in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Maintaining an effective and professional working relationship with co-workers and vendors.
Minimum Candidate Skills:
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office and related applications including MS Project.
- Ten (10) years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated high level of communication with diverse groups.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated environment.
- Ability for 10% travel to Gulf of Mexico or Alaska office and field locations.
- Ability to work well with others at various levels within the organization.
- Excellent time management, presentation, and organizational skills.
Preferred Candidate Skills:
- Supervision or Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university
- PMP certification