Projects and Engineering Manager
One of our biggest Clients (International Oil & Gas Company) is looking for "Projects and Engineering Manager"
Location: Aktau, Kazakhstan
Work schedule: 5/2
- A minimum of Bachelors' degree, within relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience.
- 8-10 years track-record working as a Project Manager on oil and gas projects, preferably with significant onshore experience.
- Methodological project management know-how and experience practically applied in both large ($100 million+) and medium ($5-100 million) scale projects.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting aspects of project management incl. cost estimating, budgeting, controlling, and reporting.
- Confident leader capable of working in a multicultural environment and successfully engaging with many different stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years managing a multi-discipline department of not less than 35 staff, with proven abilities in resource demand planning, target and objective setting, and performance management and development of staff
- Clear and thorough understanding of the roles and responsibilities, deliverables, and workflow for the engineering disciplines commonly established within E&P companies
- Proficiency in functional scheduling, with proven ability to prioritize and manage workloads (particularly engineering), based on activity planning principles
- Risk and contract management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of Russian and/or Kazakh will be an advantage.
- Good analytic and problem-solving skills, with ability to summarize issues and outcomes succinctly to senior management/stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management abilities, with both internal and external parties, to develop relationships based on trust and collaboration.
- Ability to foster positive working relationships across multi-functional teams (i.e. solid team player)
- A results-driven individual that can follow through until desired results are achieved.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Develop annual capex budget in collaboration with Finance and Procurement teams, as part of submission of the Annual Work Program & Budget (AWP&B) and Annual Procurement Plan to PSA LLC
- Manage project and overall department expenditures according to AWP&B, Company reporting requirements, and contractor management principles
- Setting annual performance objectives for the P&E Department in line with the Business Performance Contract, and ensuring these objectives are communicated to staff for appropriate inclusion in individual performance objectives
- Work with the Operations and Maintenance teams to minimise asset downtime, by: ensuring timely and thorough engagement of Discipline Engineers when operational problems arise that require their input; engaging with and supporting the Asset Integrated Planning processes to allow execution workscopes at site to be planned in an integrated manner
- Manage the overall headcount, including resource forecasting, for the P&E Department so that the department is fully staffed at all times to meet its objectives and deliverables
- Ownership of work processes and procedures, and standards relating to Projects and Engineering within Company; including: assessment of gaps; associated process improvements; training of personnel
- Monitor engineering team performance through regular review of project and functional schedules, including: quantifying work delivered and its quality and relevance to company/project requirements; assessing upcoming demands, and prioritizing work accordingly
- Work in a cooperative manner with the Asset, Finance and Business Services, and all other corporate support teams.
- Work with the Integrity, Reliability, and Maintenance Team to ensure project scopes correctly and completely identify and address relevant additions/changes to the company's computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Regularly meet and coordinate with partners, authorities and major contractors, including regularly scheduled contractor safety and performance meetings
- Display a can-do attitude - "Be a player, not a victim"
- Manage the P&E Department to deliver per the above, with due consideration of staff needs and organisational efficiency.