Our client, a major company within the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Project Engineer to integrate their team on a very important project for an assignment of 12 months in Cameron, LA.
It is expected of this Project Engineer broad understanding of project management from FEL through project completion, as well as experience with Design and Engineering activities related to LNG processing, storage, and transportation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manages a portfolio of projects for the site and provides key input into the 5-year CAPEX plan for the site.
- Manage all phases of project development FEL through project completion with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- Supports all phases of project and leads the coordination of work including, safety, process design, front end engineering and design, detailed design, procurement, cost control, schedules, quality, construction planning, execution planning, and commissioning.
- Liaison with Engineering and Construction (E&C) on larger projects.
- Ensures the technical integrity of the project, including compliance with the project scope, specifications, sound engineering judgement.
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team of engineers, designers, and contractors.
- Develop Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) documents and ensure the project deliverables are produced in accordance with the agreed safety, cost, technical and schedule parameters.
- Report project status on a monthly basis including, updated cost reports, project forecast, variance report, procurement status, schedule, accomplishments, issues and path forward.
- Coordinate project activities with technical service engineering, maintenance, operations, production engineering and outage planning.
- Participate in design engineering reviews, management of change (MOC) process, constructability review, operability review, safety review, HAZOP, and PSSR.
- Deliver projects that ensure safe, reliable and efficient LNG operations and are executed on time and on budget.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures following the highest ethical standards.
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer's (PE) License is a plus but not required.
- 15+ plus years of project engineering/management experience.
- Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, organizational, planning and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Self-starter and goal oriented.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access, Project, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.