Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking an QA/QC Manager to work within their facilities located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The QA/QC Manager will be the main point of connection between different departments such as: Project Management System, EPC Contractor Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Handover preparing and reviewing reports to guarantee the quality standards.
Project Management System
- To establish and implement the Project Quality Plan in line with Company Rules and Guidelines.
- To assist in establishing and maintaining the Project Execution Plan.
- Recruit and provide functional management to package quality personnel.
- To establish and maintain the Project audit program, to perform, manage and report closeout of findings and implement necessary corrective actions and improvement.
- To support the technical manager in establishing and monitoring an effective process for management of technical changes, deviations, nonconformance and concessions.
- To establish the Project criticality assessment process and implement as a basis for Company surveillance.
- Establish and manage inspection service contracts to ensure timely involvement by competent personnel at agreed inspection activities.
- To establish and manage the process for experience transfer.
- To performance manage Project quality management systems and implement improvements as necessary.
EPC Contractor Project Management
- To guide and support Project QA / QC leads in daily management of EPC contractors through functional reporting lines.
- To ensure contractor Project execution plans, Project quality plans, quality control plans, audit schedules and key Project management procedures, ensuring that they are logical, process-focussed, and systematic and that they fulfil contract requirements.
- To attend management meetings to monitor contractors' quality activities, including development and implementation of contractors' quality audit schedules.
- To support the Project work package teams to ensure contractors develop and implement of surveillance plans.
- To support the Project work package teams, own internal systems for workflow and document control.
- To ensure key contractor engineering procedures to ensure logical process flow, design planning, design verification, quality control of document structure and format, and logical interface with procurement and construction.
- To ensure key contractor procurement procedures to ensure logical process flow and logical interface with engineering and construction.
- To monitor procurement process, ensuring that the contractor has adequately assessed and implemented the quality assurance and quality control requirements for suppliers and subcontractors.
- To ensure that the contractor develops and implements suitable corrective action programmes when deficiencies arise in vendor or subcontractor performances.
- To ensure contractor construction management procedures have logical process flow and logical interface with engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning.
Commissioning & Handover
- To provide assurance that contractors commissioning activities demonstrate required performance and function of the plant.
- To assure that final documentation and quality records demonstrate compliant design, build and test.
- To ensure that the contractor develops and implements suitable corrective action programmes when deficiencies arise during construction.
- To ensure that Fenix supervision teams has the appropriate skills for their job, to organize their activities, to guide and support.
- Education/ training: Chartered Engineer, with appropriate management skills.
- Professional experience: > 10 years in development projects in the QAQC area, in international project of oil&gas industry.
- Knowledge of Company General Specifications, standards, rules and procedures.