Our client, a multinational energy transportation company, is seeking someone for the Records Management Analyst position to work within their facilities located in Fort McMurray, AB.
The Records Management Analyst provides a broad range of basic to complex records management support with the development, implementation, and maintenance of a document management system that is aligned with corporate policies and practices.).
- Manages the coordination of Regional records management throughout the Athabasca Region.
- Manages and responds to internal and external drawing requests.
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts with regard to document control and records management. This may include auditing drawings/vendor documents/records to determine if they are readily available if needed.
- Ensures preservation and accessibility of relevant and critical Regional records (e.g. Safety Plot Plans, Critical Drawings, Station Manuals, Pipeline Information Books, etc).
- Develops, implements, and maintains quality control procedures to ensure records are complete and meet regulatory requirements.
- Provides support to Quality Assurance Advisors, Area Operations, and Pipeline Maintenance (PLM) with the preparation and turnover of Quality documentation.
- Manages paper and electronic records in an effort to prevent uncontrolled accumulation of records that are no longer required.
- Ensures adequate storage for records that protects them from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, theft, or disaster.
- Keeps informed of regulatory requirements and ensures Regional records comply with the regulations.
- Coordinates and manages processes to assure records are appropriately distributed, stored, and archived in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaises with other departments and builds relationships to ensure there is a coordinated approach and cost-effective process in the management of records.
- Delivers training to Regional staff with respect to records retention.
- Provides services and support to a variety of departments throughout the company, as required.
- Related University Degree or technical diploma.
- Up to 2 years of related experience working in a records management environment or equivalent experience.
- Interest and proficiency in initiating and continuously learning new tools and systems including software tools and work processes.
- Proven ability to initiate and manage change, be innovative, think strategically, and work well with teams.
- Service oriented with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Attention to details is essential.
- High-level of initiative and ownership for the work.