Our client, a major company within the LNG segment is seeking an Electrical Reliability Specialist to work within their facilities in Gregory, TX on an open-ended assignment.
The Reliability Specialist reports to the Reliability Supervisor and is the technical steward for the predictive maintenance programs such as switchgear testing, transformer testing, motor testing, feeder cable testing, precision maintenance, IR thermography, ultrasonic and improving these programs including all associated documentation.
Knowledge of predictive maintenance, equipment reliability, diagnostics, analyses, and maintenance procedures. Knowledge of IR thermography, ultrasonic inspections, transformer oil analysis, motor testing, medium and low voltage switchgear testing, precision maintenance and utilization of associated software is required. Understands all facets of equipment reliability and importance of reliability as it ties to HS&E, cost and risk reduction, and increased efficiency and production. Understands the physical properties and safe handling practices of LNG. Possesses knowledge of governmental regulations and related technical and safety codes, standards and permit related reporting requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as the predictive maintenance subject matter expert with the primary focus on the development and implementation of programs to improve reliability.
- Provides daily predictive maintenance support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational.
- Supports managing the motor testing, IR thermography, ultrasonic inspection, precision maintenance and the transformer oil analysis programs.
- Works closely with Reliability Engineers, Technical Services, Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians in diagnosis of maintenance related problems.
- Carry out condition and performance monitoring for critical electrical equipment in order to recommend optimum maintenance activities.
- Assists Production Department in preparing operator routes for physical checks and overall inspections.
- Supports CCL Warranty Manager with warranty process and document management; follows up with vendors, and contractors.
- Performs IR Thermographic/Ultrasonic scans of electrical equipment as needed. Develops and maintains records and inspection routes
- Education and Certifications:
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent discipline, or 10 years of predictive maintenance experience.
- IR Thermography and ultrasonic inspection certification referred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Predictive Maintenance and Electrical equipment in an industrial setting in operations is required
- Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.