Our client, a multinational oil company, is seeking someone for a Requisition Tech position to work within their facilities located in Martinez, CA.
The Requisition Technician will be the area primary focal point for all material and service requirements. This position is responsible for requisitioning all necessary materials/items/services for maintenance activities.
In addition to being the material focal point for the assigned area, the Requisition Technician is required to:
- Obtain quotes from the various vendors.
- Requisition stocked and non-stocked materials/items for maintenance activities.
- Requisition Services from vendors in support of Operation/Maintenance activities.
- Secure rental equipment and update rental returns on extensions with RSC.
- Support the Maintenance Planner and Team Leader by getting quotes, tracking delivery of materials.
- Assist in streamlining the RtP process.
- Provide a view to save cost by looking for "best price" that meets the required due date.
- On a daily basis provide all the identified and required items for the scheduled jobs to the crafts.
- Monitor status of zone stores and report out weekly status updates.
- Monitor the condition of drop boxes and communicate with MTL and Planner to reduce storage time.
- Support the SWO/SPO annual work process by communicating and creating Reqs for the various groups.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to assist in moving material (forklift skills).
- Skilled in the use of GSAP (CMMS).
- Customer Focus
- Maximizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Professional Behaviors
- Displays Personal Effectiveness and Organization skills
- This is a TWIC site, ability to obtain a TWIC card required.