JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the periodic collection and analysis of equipment condition monitoring data for rotating equipment at the Texas City Site, i.e.: motors, pumps, centrifuges, agitators, crystallizers and compressor trains.
Other key aspects of the job include but not limited to:
- Conduct and/or assist with rotating equipment troubleshooting issues.
- Review lube oil analysis data and initiate corrective actions as necessary.
- Verification and follow-up of alarms and rotating equipment concerns that are reported by Operations (or via the PRIDE program). * Assist with the training for the operation and use of the GE / Bentley Nevada System 1 continuous monitoring system.
- Coordinate service contracts & service repairs for condition monitoring tools.
- Routinely monitor and analyze rotating equipment condition monitoring trends and provide recommendations of fitness for service and repairs based on data interpretation (based on industry recognized acceptance criteria and previous plant experience).
- Collects, maintains and analyses equipment health monitoring information for rotating equipment.
- Has responsibility for the day-to-day health monitoring on assigned rotating equipment, working with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to resolve identified reliability issues.
- Provides technical support and problem solving skills to address equipment availability issues.
- Analyzes vibration and failure data to recommend and implement solutions to resolve reliability issues.
- Works with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to improve equipment availability.
- Supports mechanical integrity activities for rotating equipment.
- Conducts routine equipment health audits on assigned rotating equipment and drive resolution on identified deficiencies.
- Jointly responsible with the Rotating Equipment Specialist / Engineer for the development of reliability improvement strategies.
- Interprets oil analysis data and provides recommendations to address issues raised by the oil analysis program.
- Assist the PRIDE "Masteruser" in the identification of data collection points, alarm settings and reporting for Operators rotating equipment health monitoring rounds.
EXPERIENCE,KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Previous experience with the use of vibration data collectors and analysis of vibration data is preferred.
- Previous maintenance experience is desired, especially in the field of rotating equipment and/or Bentley Nevada hardware and software applications.
- Certification as a Level I or II vibration specialist is preferred.
- Language(s) Needed: Must have excellent communications skills in English