Airswift is working in partnership with Oil Search to recruit the Safety and Environment Manager based in Port Moresby, PNG on a residential basis. The Safety and Environment Manager (SEM) leads the Safety and Environment disciplines for PNG operations. The SEM works closely with departments at the planning stage ensuring project leads receive appropriate and timely advice, documentation, approvals, and resources for the relevant activities.
Why Oil Search?
As a growing Papua New Guinean company, Oil Search operates all of the country's producing oil fields, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. There are exciting growth opportunities ahead of us like the potential expansion of the PNG LNG Project and proposed development of the Papua LNG Project. This combined with the recent acquisition of major oil fields in Alaska makes Oil Search a great place to discover and explore your potential.
Location- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Duration:- 24 months - Fixed Term Contract
Rota- Residential - Monday- Friday, 9am - 5pm
- The position is the in-country SME management role for Safety and Environment and works closely with the Stakeholder Engagement function responsible for government liaison.
- Provides leadership and oversight of Safety & Environment staff assigned to Production Operations and will support Gas Growth Drilling, Seismic and Projects to ensure a consistent approach to PNG activities is achieved.
- Key lead in the PNG Emergency Management Team (EMT).
- Leads a team of analysts and administration responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting.
- The position also leads the onsite Safety and Environment Superintendents.
- Manages accurate and timely Safety and Environment-related internal and external reporting requirements
- Provides expert advice and guidance for incident investigations, review of findings and decision making to ensure safe operations.
- Collaborates with peers in the extractive industry to ensure a wide knowledge of contemporary thinking is in place and the application of safety and environmental processes is leading to a safer operation.
- Manages implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provides guidance on change management.
- Monitors Safety and Environmental regulatory changes, keeping abreast of current issues and trends, and
works closely with corporate peers to ensure companywide procedures are aligned.
- Responsible for ensuring PNG operations maintain ISO14001 accreditation.
- Networks both internally and externally to establish positive relationships with key customers and stakeholders in order to enhance the Company's Safety and Environmental reputation, influence the development of regulations, and identify opportunities to improve Oil Search Safety and Environmental performance.
- Demonstrates visible leadership and commitment to "Incident Free Operations".
- Minimum 10 years' experience in managing safety and/or environment related issues, including demonstrated experience in managing issues relevant to the Oil and Gas sector.
- Oil or Gas construction or operations experience would be favourable.
- At least 5 years working experience in Papua New Guinea or similar developing country desirable and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-cultural environment across different levels of the business
- Demonstrated leadership experience across projects and teams in remote locations
- Knowledge and implementation experience with ISO14001 desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in Safety, environmental science / engineering related discipline.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by the 1st November 2018.