Our client, a major LNG company is seeking a SCADA Analyst to work within their office in Houston, TX.
We are currently not working with sponsorship or per diem - local candidates only.
As this is a SCADA Technician position, it is paramount that interested candidates submit their resumes in sofar as previous experience match to the requirements for the position - we are seeking a candidate with pipeline SCADA experience, who works in an office setting.
Configures programs and supports systems used for measurement, alarm management, automation, control, and data acquisition of natural gas facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, SCADA and measurement within company's operations' area of responsibility.
Position may also provide support to Affiliates or 3rd parties as required. This position would also require a Gas Control Operational Qualification to gain a complete understanding of the SCADA system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots software and network issues related to supported applications such as ClearSCADA 2015, AutoSol Communication Manager (ACM), and Flow-Cal version 8.
- Assist USGP IT in monitoring and troubleshooting activities related to SCADA server and workstation hardware, performance, network infrastructure and security.
- Provides daily technical support for SCADA system data and telemetry information used for system control and for measurement validation software and system balance
- Implements and maintains HMI graphics, reports and applications for use by operations.
- Assist the measurement analyst during close process or as needed
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards associated with PHMSA and Department of Transportation requirements
- Responsible for reporting issues to appropriate management, maintaining change management, SDLC documentation, department governance and management communication consistent with department policies and procedures
- Relief controller
- Working with various interconnect gas controllers and Supervisors
- Review daily/monthly LAUFs
- SCADA/gas control experience: 3 years required
Skills and Abilities
- Substantial knowledge of the storage and pipeline systems
- Able to apply knowledge of the methods, principles and practices for coordinating the flow of natural gas
- Use general and specialized computer applications to manage information
- Able to demonstrate advanced communication ability both written and verbal