Our client, a major company within the midstream segment of Oil & Gas is seeking a SCADA Analyst to work within their offices in Charleston, WV on a 12-months assignment.
They'll be responsible and accountable for various software applications, system administration, and support functions necessary to ensure a stable and reliable real-time application environment for the company. The application environment encompasses mission critical systems such as Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and Electronic Measurement (EM) systems.
- Perform application system development, maintenance, and production support under the direction of the RTS & SCADA Engineering Manager.
- Work collaboratively with other RTS and SCADA Engineering staff in proposing and evaluating strategic improvements to both the technical and functional application environments.
- Design, develop and test delivered solutions working with RTS and SCADA Engineering team members.
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting problems involved with SCADA polling systems from IP to legacy serial endpoints.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize network tools to assist in troubleshooting SCADA communication problems.
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016, SQL Server and IIS.
- Experience delivering system analysis & design documentation.
- Preferred, but not required: working knowledge of Aveva (Schneider Electric) OASyS DNA SCADA system.
- Preferred, but not required: SCADA networks including network connectivity to serial and IP based RTUs as well as legacy X.25 RTUs utilizing XOT encapsulation methods.