Senior Accounting Analyst
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking an Senior Accounting Analyst for their downtown Calgary office. This is a one year contract with potential for extension.
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries, reconciliations and analysis and trial balance on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of transactions recorded
- Work closely with Manager and other extended team members in identifying opportunities for process improvement to increase timeliness and efficiency;
- Liaison with various corporate functions including Treasury, Risk, Consolidations, and Internal Reporting as well as working with multiple contacts within the Business Units on a monthly basis;
- Provide hands on assistance to the internal and external auditors, including the collection and analysis of financial information and supporting documents requested by the auditors;
- Administrative tasks as required.
- Prepare journal entries to record monthly transactions in a timely manner for the monthly general ledger (G/L) close processes;
- Record various transactional activities including treasury/finance, corporate operating and administrative expenses;
- Prepare monthly G/L account reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of corporate results;
- Provide ad hoc query support on various issues.
- University degree in Accounting
- 2 to 3 years minimum of professional experience
- Working towards or obtained professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Familiarity with Oracle, SAP, and SmartView is an asset
- Strong Excel skills are an asset