Airswift - Senior Application Engineer. 6 month contract. Houston
Airswift has been tasked by one our key accounts to source a Senior Application Engineer to join them on an initial 6 month contract located in East Houston.
Within this position you will provide technical and leadership support in the application of engineering services, mainly focused on Honeywell DCS platforms.
Day to day Responsibilities will include:
- Provides technical responsibility for the design and implementation of the systems and/or solutions in assigned work scope.
- Executes work assignment to appropriate standards and quality systems (Implementation, Test & Documentation).
- Produces functional and detailed design specifications.
- Coaches and supports assigned engineer(s) to ensure they are able to meet the requirements of their work.
- Effectively communicates with customers to fully define and agree project requirements.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
- BS in Engineering (EE, ME, ChE) or other technical degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience in an engineering environment
- Experience on Honeywell DCS Experion or TDC-3000, including hardware design and configuration/graphic.
- Knowledge of DCS control strategies and the ability to design controls from process narratives or other site documentation a requirement
- In depth knowledge and experience with Windows server and station as a basis for modern DCS delivery
- Knowledge of networking and basic network configuration a plus
- Knowledge of third-party IO systems (Profibus, Modbus, EIP, etc.) a plus.
- Experience designing and configuring both continuous and batch logic.
Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided for this position therefore only local candidates will be considered.