Red Deer, Alberta
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Senior Buyer in Red Deer. This is a full-time, 1-year contract, with the potential for extension. This role will support the Technical Procurement team.
- Contacting vendors to obtain &/or verify price, part number, source of supply.
- Make delivery arrangements with carriers and vendors.
- Creating purchase orders against date driven requirement and ensuring all pertinent information is obtained and verify with the vendor and end user.
- Releasing purchase orders against vendor agreements
- Seeking/recording/updating material source of supply and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Assisting with material information updates and changes.
- Confirming and expediting purchase orders to maintain on-time delivery.
- Resolving discrepancies between purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Following up on non-conformance of materials and deliveries with end user and/or vendor and identifying trends or patterns.
- Qualifying Contractors for onsite labor prior to Purchase Order creation
- Maintaining Vendor base for timely and accurate supply alignment
- Participating in the implementation of improvement plans.
- Serves as a technical expert/consultant on a range of commodities based on past record of success
- Leads and facilitates the gathering and refining of complex business requirements
- Advises NOVA Chemicals' leadership on strategic sourcing options and substantiates them with business cases
- Leads the activities of cross-functional, often enterprise wide, sourcing teams to execute purchasing strategies
- Manages the transition between suppliers across the enterprise
- Involves key stakeholders in gathering and defining complex business requirements
- Initiates and participates in interactions with suppliers and end users to build and enhance relationships
- Applies advanced purchasing and negotiating tools and processes and coaches others in their use
- Develops supplier selection criteria and qualifies suppliers against them using established processes
- Applies the non-conformance process and works with suppliers to resolve non-conformances
- University degree with 8 years of related experience and continued professional development OR 12+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with SAP MM or SAP PM
- Ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Thoroughness and high attention to detail