Airswift are currently looking for a Commercial Analyst (or Senior Commercial Analyst) to work for our client who operate in the oil & gas industry. The Commercial Function assists the Business Units by analysing current market conditions and opportunities then advising the Business Units on the best decisions for the business - from strategy through third-party negotiations, in a way that mitigates risks, optimises value and supports the most desirable business outcomes.
The Commercial Analyst role provides commercial analysis to identify, evaluate and recommend investment opportunities with the potential to add value to the client. The Commercial Analyst will identify value levers and opportunities for value creation/optimisation; quantify the value of upside opportunities and future growth potential and clearly communicate the impact of commercial and technical risks on investment economics
- Undertakes analysis and provides analytical support for:
- Commercial negotiations and transactions
- Equity divestments/acquisitions
- Exploration and new ventures opportunity assessment
- Development well proposals and optimisation initiatives
- Operations work program and budget ranking
- Strategy & Planning
- Corporate governance and assurance
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (Tax, Finance, Legal…etc) to translate fiscal, legal and commercial terms into economic models.
- Responsible for the development and operation of economic models across various international fiscal regimes to assess:
- Value and future cash flow scenarios
- Viability, materiality
- Risks (scenarios, sensitivities)
- Commercial issues
- Value levers and monetizing options
- Impact on the company.
- Provide value guidance to management by identifying value levers and opportunities for value creation/optimisation; quantifying the value of upside opportunities and future growth potential and clearly communicating the impact of commercial and technical risks on investment economics.
- Tertiary qualification in finance, economics, business or engineering.
- 5+ years' experience undertaking commercial evaluation
- Strong understanding of discounted cash flow analysis and capital budgeting techniques.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to succinctly articulate analysis, both verbally and in writing, for presentation to management.
- Able to frame analysis to answer critical questions and identify key sensitivities and insights.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills and robust spreadsheet modelling techniques using best practice principles.
- Understands and employs fit-for-purpose analysis
- Willingness to actively develop and assure economic models
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritise work commitments and manage expectations.
- Impeccable attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness within developing country environments.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by 13th July 2018.