Our client, a major LNG company is seeking a Senior GIS Analyst to be a part of their team for a 4-months assignment within their facilities in Houston, TX.
- Digitize parcels/easements from legal description metes and bounds into shapefiles
- Manage geospatial database and develop maps and aerial photography
- Support and manage GIS applications based on business demands.
- Assist in Development of quality control standards for system applications
- Perform data capture and analysis
- Oversee data flow, management and distribution activities
- Provide technical guidance for GIS standards and quality policies
- Maintain GIS data in Company's Land Management System (Working knowledge of Quorum Land Management Suite)
- Must be able to read and interpret metes and bounds from legal description land surveys
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and AutoCad
- Ability to interface with different systems like ArcGIS, AutoCad, MS Office, databases, Google Earth etc.
- Principles, practices, methods, and techniques of GIS and cartography
- Be up to date on current developments, trends, and technologies within the GIS field
- The capabilities, methods, technical standards, and programming languages of GIS technology
- Experience in developing GIS standards in operations and database design
- Establish quality control procedures and techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in geographic information systems, geography, computer science, or a related field, and
- A minimum of three to five years professional experience in designing, supporting, and implementing GIS practices.