Our client, a major company within the LNG industry is seeking a Senior Instrumentation and Process Controls Engineer to work on an assignment within their facilities in Houston, TX on an open-ended contract.
- Programming - ability to use scripting or compiled programming languages to develop tools or solutions to technical problems (e.g. vbscript, PowerShell, VB.Net, etc.).
- Databases - knowledge and experience with installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and maintaining SQL Server, Oracle and other databases.
- Microsoft Operating Systems - understand server and workstation operating systems including navigation and configuration.
- Microsoft Domain Architecture - understand the constructs of a Microsoft security domain (Active Directory) including GPOs, OUs, access accounts, global and local groups, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Ethernet networking - understand the basics of the OSI model, switching and routing, IP addressing and sub-netting, and basic network device configuration
- LNG Operations or similar gas processing facilities - preferred
- Support control system maintenance and test planning as required, software upgrades, ESD testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns
- Support metering systems maintenance planning including for custody transfer, allocation, regulatory, and leak detection applications
- Support planning and coordination of tasks related to control system cyber security
- Participate with multi-disciplinary alarm management efforts including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of state based alarm schemes, and design / modification of alarm systems
- Review update and develop instrument and controls technical documentation / drawings including P&IDs, cause and effect, and control narratives
- Responsible for the design and optimization of Process Control System, including PLC / DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems.
- Familiar with Basic Regulatory and APC control applications and risk management.
- Responsible for the design assessment and validation of recommended and specified process control system for the facility, review of their construction and installation procedures.
- Manage Architect control systems from a hardware and software standpoint and Create and Implement standards at plant wide level on control strategies.
- Identify the technologies to be used for new applications, and improve extensions of current architectures
- Effectively Interact with EPC firms and specialty consultants in designing, constructing and operation of the new facility.
- Ability to work with other team engineers in completing drawings and design packages while cross checking design details in electrical power, control panels, relay logic, wiring and control devices in association with HVAC, access, lighting and CCTV systems.
- Program PLC's and handle HMI configuration and design and modbus.
- Work on Commissioning, Troubleshooting/Testing/Debugging
- Handle Project Documentation
- Participate design safety reviews along with other appropriate operations, reliability and safety functions. Coordinate the resolution of technical issues and optimization of the process as they relate to process control system, including installation of panels and instrumentation.