Our client, an Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Planning Engineer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The role is offered with an initial 12 month contract and negotiable all-inclusive daily rate
As Planning Engineer you'll be responsible for compiling integrated development programmes and schedules, based on the development project scopes of work and execution strategies in line with requirements.
- Develop and maintain the Project Development Programme / Project WBS.
- Develop and maintain the Project Development Programme / Project schedules.
- Interface and relationship management with other functions within the Company and their inputs into the Project Programme and project schedules.
- Facilitate understanding and achieve acceptance of project plans from stakeholders.
- Liaise with consultancies, contractors, vendors and other business units to ensure alignment.
- Implement Change Management best practices
- Consider Risk Management and effect to all levels of the Programme.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in the Oil and Gas industry, ideally gained working on Upstream projects
- Qualifications and certifications relevant to Planning and Scheduling will be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of all phases of project delivery, from inception through to conceptual studies, FEED, business requirements, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and the integration of all of the phases above.
- Knowledge of stage-gate project systems, approval requirements and processes and quality management systems.
- Track record in providing Project Planning / Scheduling support to capital projects.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling and risk analysis management software, specifically Primavera, Microsoft Project, Pert Master.
- Experience of working on seismic campaigns and drilling projects will be advantageous.
- Track record in working on large scale capital projects.