Our client, one of North America's leading gas companies, is seeking someone for the Senior Project Controls Scheduler position to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX.
This person will be responsible for building, updating and maintaining complex and detailed schedules using Primavera P6 for our client's capital expansion projects following the company's scheduling guidelines and Project Life Cycle (PLC) framework. This includes monitoring and reporting on project status and analyzing schedules and associated changes for key risk areas and milestones impact. Generally works on large or complex projects or may work on multiple smaller projects. The Senior Scheduler will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the project execution teams and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
- Develops, maintains and manages project schedules for complex capital projects using Primavera P6 as the scheduling software in collaboration with Project Team Members and Contractors.
- Maintains project schedules including progress updates.
- Revises forecasts and evaluates impact of delays.
- Communicates status of schedule and key risk areas to members of project management team
- Understands the planning side of all different phases (e.g. Permitting, Land, Survey and Construction) of pipelines and facilities construction projects identifying order of events, risks and opportunities for streamlining the project execution
- Creates and prepares logical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) while leading project team planning sessions related to WBS structure and activities sequencing
- Leads the baseline schedule creation and approval effort in collaboration with the project team
- Determines reasonable schedule logic, duration and constraints based on Interactive planning sessions with Project Teams
- Performs schedule risk analysis, including quantitative risk analysis
- Determine the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date, modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions, and consult with project team members to develop workarounds to overcome obstacles
- Performs schedule analysis to include critical activities, risk areas, key milestones and significant changes to schedule. Develops "what if" scenarios to explore alternate sequencing in order to mitigate or avoid schedule delays
- Maintains in the schedule the foundational data that supports Earned Value Analysis requirements
- Works with Contractors to ensure schedule compliance per Williams' project controls requirements
- Performs detailed review of contractor schedule submittals, including baseline and progress updates
- Prepare monthly project schedule updates including written narrative and custom reports as needed on a project by project basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 8 years of scheduling experience in the Oil and Gas industry with offshore experience
- Experience with $500 million+ complex capital projects is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Primavera p6 (practical knowledge test will be required) applying industry standards and best practices
- High level of analytical thinking skills to plan and forecast work
- Proven history of working in a cross-functional environment providing accurate data to team members to ensure forecasted project delivery
- Proficiency in critical path methodology to ensure, and communicate, timely delivery of milestone tasks
- Ability to work with Contractors' schedulers to incorporate data in the master project schedule
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) knowledge is highly preferred
- Working proficiency/knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Demonstrate initiative and effective time management skills to develop knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill job responsibilities in an independent thorough manner.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with internal and external customers at all levels within the organization