The Senior Project Manager reports to the General Manager - Major Projects and is accountable for the delivery of the completed project in accordance with the approved scope, schedules, budgets, HSES targets, quality and other business objectives. The Senior Project Manager works within the broader Organisation to define and deliver the Project objectives and support broader business objectives. The Senior Project Manager participates in peer assurance activities for other Projects at critical gates, for key decisions and as part of deep dive audits.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager on behalf of our client who operate in the Oil & Gas industry.
Rota- Residential - Monday to Friday
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a Project Specific Heath Safety and Environmental Management Plan
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the Company HSES Policy, Management System and the Site Specific HSES Management Plan
- Ensure that safe working practices and procedures are implemented and adhered to by all project personnel and Contractors
- Ensure reporting of all incidents, near misses, accidents and injuries and ensure that the appropriate documentation is completed, and all reported events are investigated.
- Accountable for the HSES performance of project team including contractor personnel
Meet Project Targets
- Accountable for framing for Sponsor approval and then delivering against opportunity and project targets including budget, schedule, KPIs and other project outcomes
- Provide monthly report advising of completed activities for the month and planned activities for the following 3 month look-ahead
- Ensure any variance from site implementation budgets and schedules is adequately forecast, measured, reported and the root cause understood with management plans developed as required. Ensure AFE supplements where required are identified and raised in a timely fashion to the General Manager Major Projects to be actioned in accordance with company systems.
- Accountable for the development of contract documents, procurement process and ensuring approvals are in place prior to execution of all contract documents.
- Establish where necessary, maintain and enhance commercial arrangements and relationships with external service providers and Contractors to support the Project team in delivery of projects. Maintain strong, positive and mutually beneficial relationships with those external service providers and Contractors.
- Define requirements, recruit, retain and lead a team of professionals for the delivery of the complete project as defined and in compliance with all statutory regulations
- Performance management and development of full time team members
- Minimum 15 years' upstream oil and gas industry experience with a minimum 5 years at a management level
- Experience in
- leadership of large multidiscipline teams;
- complex multidiscipline projects within a matrix organisation;
- delivery of category 1 capital projects within an upstream oil and gas operator;
- brownfield project experience;
- remote, developing country, wet tropics experience
- working within a gated project management framework and sound understanding of project management processes
- High level interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with demonstration of effective engagement, networking, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Travel regularly both interstate and overseas
- Understand the interaction between; commercial, technical, regulatory and community issues in a complex environment
- Communicate with people at all levels and explain complex technical issues to persons with low technical skills
- Bachelor degree, preference in mechanical engineering or a technically related subject ideally and relevant industry experience as per below.
- If no degree, significant relevant industry experience.
- Valid well control certificate
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by the 15th March 2019.