Our client is currently executing a portfolio of capital projects, including the upgrade or installation of new facilities, pipelines and other midstream assets in Western North Dakota. These projects include well-pad tie-ins, pipeline interconnections, storage and booster pumps, compression, SCADA, and gathering system debottlenecking on crude, fresh water, gas and salt water systems.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor/Analyst will be responsible for assisting Project Management and the Project Controls lead on cost management, earned value and value engineering, scheduling and forecasting. This position will be based in the field office in Williston, ND, reporting directly to the Project Manager
More specifically, job duties include the following:
* Assist Project Management, Project Controls, and Construction Management in validation of physical progress and preparation of routine reports.
* Interface with field-based engineers, materials management, and construction management personnel to assess project execution risks and mitigations. Validate and reconcile project progress
* Support project teams to develop and manage realistic execution plans
* Communicate and elevate project related issues in a timely, proactive manner
* Champion and drive Change Management
* Assist with development of procedures for various project control activities including project set-up, monitoring, and control
* Assist with evaluating changes to project execution plan, including re-forecasting due to updates to scope and schedules
* Ensure full integration between the estimating, cost control, planning/scheduling, and risk management functions within projects. Audit as necessary
* Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering, finance, or related field
* Minimum of seven (7) years experience in heavy industrial construction and/or maintenance, preferably in the oil/gas/petrochemicals industries
* Minimum of five (5) years experience in project controls (planning, scheduling, reporting and validating physical progress, and/or utilization of earned value systems.
* Candidates with US Onshore facilities experience are strongly preferred
* Experience coordinating with multiple third-party engineering and construction contractors
* Experience in the field
* Strong knowledge of multi-disciplinary EPC workflow and processes
* Highly articulate, clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making skills
* Experience with project economics and earned value engineering are required
* Experience with complex matrix organizations is highly preferred
* Strong HSSE culture and standards
* Highly analytical and problem solving. Able to make decisions and articulate rationale.
* Strong communication skills
* Expertise in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint 365
* Organized, independent, results oriented
* Multitasking and ability to manage shifting priorities