Our client is requiring a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to perform engineering services in incumbent's discipline. The engineer will work to execute routine projects and sometimes complex technical assignments to ensure safety, reliability and integrity in their office in Martinez, CA
Job Type: Contract Hire to direct hire
- Research rotating equipment projects and make evaluations with limited assistance.
- Champion rotating equipment reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems.
- Apply economic evaluations to increase profit potential and reduce costs of a project.
- Fulfill assignments with attention to detail by identifying issues and creating solutions.
- Gather pertinent information to improve product and/or service.
- Respond quickly and accurately to complaints and concerns.
- Advise others on customer issues.
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and monitoring of units.
- Issue regularly scheduled reports.
- Support incident investigations.
- Conduct complex assignments under guidance of more experienced Engineers.
- Provide technical support to routine maintenance and area business teams.
- Interact with assigned business teams to optimize performance of business unit and refinery.
- Support Process Safety Management Programs.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 15-20+ years of experience in Rotating Equipment in Chemical or Petrochemical processing
- Experience in projects for rotating equipment, design, hydraulic evaluations and troubleshooting.
- Plant experience
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) Rotating Equipment in an area.
- Experience in Leading/ Supervisor/ Manager in Projects.
- Proven ability to effectively influence management at business unit, project and site level.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Master's degree
- Professional certifications and membership of relevant professional bodies
- Experience in an aromatic acid process, i.e. PTA, PX, PIA, TMA, Acetyls
- Experience in overhaul, repair and reliability upgrades of rotating equipment
- Experience with failure predicting programs
- Safety leadership - a role model for personal and process safety
- Track record of technical excellence and delivery in technology and manufacturing environments.
- Creates innovative strategies and solutions to technical challenges.
- Strives for breakthroughs as well as incremental solutions in both technical and work processes
- Proven capability to work and network across a range of technical functions, multi-cultural and geographical extended settings, including interface role with manufacturing.
- In depth knowledge of rotating equipment, Mechanical Engineering Principles, processes required to repair rotating equipment. Specific knowledge of rotating equipment in applications for PTA technology is considered a plus