Airswift, working with a leading downstream operator, is currently hiring for Warehouse Shipper/Receivers in Stratford, CT.
Shipper/Receivers are responsible for shipping and receiving raw materials, finished products, and supplies. The Shipper/Receiver is also responsible for setting up shipments and samples, repackaging and maintaining inventory.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner and complies with all safety rules and policies including those for PPE use.
- Receives/Unloads raw materials, parts/supplies and finished products and stores in the proper locations.
- Transfers finished product from production, verifying quantities and labels; closes containers and stores in the proper locations.
- Sets up shipments ensuring proper packaging and labels, verifies label information and prepares shipping paper work such as packing lists, BOL's and MSDS..
- Loads Trucks.
- Preparing samples for shipment, collects samples for QC as required.
- Conducts and maintains inventory of raw materials, finished product, packaging and supplies.
- Repackages products for customers orders as required.
- Follows all safety procedures in the containing and cleaning up of any small (<5 gallons) spills of hazardous materials.
- Assists production and maintenance when needed and assists all other departments to ensure overall plant performance.
- Communicates problems and equipment malfunction to supervisor/plant management.
- Performs duties as a confined space supervisor/attendant/rescuer as required.
- Serves on site Safety Committee or other teams, as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of safety procedures in the handling of all hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment related to the work
- Organizational and prioritization skills for efficient task completion
- Reliable decision-making skills
- Proficiency in maintaining accurate records, inventory status, and control of all materials handled in the production area.