We are currently recruiting for a Site Project Civil Supervisor to manage the civil subcontractor on a major wind farm construction project. Our client operates in the renewable energy sector on a global basis and have several projects heading into construction in Australia and New Zealand
Location- Manawatu-Wanganui region
Duration- 12 Month fixed term contract
- Review of drawing and documentation submissions from customers and subcontractors against contractual obligations, industry standards, safety compliance and best practice.
- Ensure civil deliverables required to be submitted by company are provided in a timely, safe and high-quality manner.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure civil issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaise with and support office personnel.
- Undertake site inspections to ensure compliance to design and industry standards.
- Assess Variations, Requests for Information (RFIs) and payment claims.
- Attend and provide input to various safety, design, technical and risk meetings, workshops and reviews.
- Review tender specifications
- Management of subcontractors and designers in a site based, construction environment - tier one companies valued
- Review of civil design in a construction environment
- Experience with Concrete / Foundation design highly valued
- Experience with Pavement / Road design highly valued
- Experience in doing Negotiation with major stakeholders, both clients / contractors
- Experience in high-pressure environment
- Experience in construction of Wind farms highly valued
- Advanced use of MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication / negotiation
- Relationship building, both internal and external
- Proactive view and practical approach toward role
- TAFE or equivalent qualifications are beneficial but not mandatory
- Hands on experience with a site based civil capacity is essential
- Wind Farm experience highly regarded
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted by 6th July 2019.