Reporting to the Project Manager, the Site Construction Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, management and success of all on-site construction activities and on-site resources. The position will be based in New Zealand overseeing the construction of a wind farm project.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Construction Manager on behalf of our client.
Location- Taranaki Region - NZ (Site based)
Duration- Fixed Term Contract - 12 months Renewable
- Lead and develop a team that models company values and high standards of performance.
- Provide effective leadership that achieves a highly aligned, engaged and motivated site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Objectives.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with customers and internal partners.
- Implement and manage all safety practices and protocols within the company's organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviours.
- Achieves a culture of excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas.
- Responsible for the site budget, cost centre management, and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for customer account management and service contract compliance.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience in Managing EPC Construction sites, preferably with wind farm construction experience
- Demonstrable experience in construction with an electrical or mechanical background preferred, either through a trade or engineering qualification.
- Leadership of site-based subcontractors and employees that has resulted in a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Craneage/heavy lifting experience including understanding of lift studies and planning and executing works methodologies (for mobile cranes).
- Strong understanding of the financial impact of decisions with respect to project budgets and organization objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and quality methodology skills.
- Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L, and cost management.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer loyalty through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act independently and exercise judgment and discretion within the scope of the position.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to partner with various stakeholders to effectively manage projects across functions and geographies in required.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.