Our client, a Chemical Manufacturing company, is seeking a Staff Accounting to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX.
- Must review month end production detailed reports to identify discrepancies, reconcile inventory and process cost adjustments to accurately reflect inventory.
- Adhere to strict timelines for inventory and job costing to prepare summary sheets of differences and other cost statements. Process and maintain cost tracking & cost adjustments by 1st of month with proper approvals
- Must be able to balance accounts and other intercompany reconciliations.
- Must prepare consolidated financials
- Must prepare AP group postings and review GL coding & keep a proper record of error tracking and AP posting notes
- Assist in Audit and prepare necessary schedules.
- Pull/Load/Prepare necessary reports for ERP system (EPICOR).
- Must prepare shipping and receiving product inventories, keeping track of containers, container invoice paperwork and copies and maintain a master product inventory.
- Assist in closing payables.
- Keep track of month end reports.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Must have a Bachelors in Accounting or other Business Degree.
- Must be familiar with fundamental accounting principles and theories and their application.
- Must be very detail oriented and accurate in your work.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing setting in an accounting office.
- Must have a working knowledge of an ERP system along with advanced skills in other office applications.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy.