Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work within their refinery in Kenai, AK
Engineer will provide support for day-to-day maintenance/reliability activities as well as small projects at the Kenai refinery. Role will integrate into a team of mechanical, process, and instrument/electrical engineers with focus on run and maintain activities as well as project development and execution. Work schedule will be 9/80, with some periods of extended hours as approved by the site supervisor. Duration of assignment is expected to extend through the end of 2018.
- Maintenance Engineering - support for general work notifications generated for repairs
- Develop piping and equipment replacement work packages
- Turnaround planning package development
- Management of change (MOC) - Initiation and management, including PSSR and close-out activities
- Develop temporary repair packages
- Develop weld traveler packages
- Project development and/or maintenance & reliability engineering experience in refining, upstream Oil & Gas, or chemicals preferred
- Working knowledge of ASME codes and API Recommended Practices around piping and pressure vessels in refineries and petrochemical plants.
- Familiar with OSHA PSM Management of change (MOC) process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly effective organization skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Innovative, decisive, and self-motivated
- Able to work with minimal supervision