SURF CONTRACT ENGINEER
Our client, a global Oil & Gas operator is looking for a SURF Contract Engineer to join them in their Paris office.
Start Date: May/June
Duration: 1 Year
Location: La Defense, Paris
- To prepare and manage, as necessary, the whole contracting process - for contracts to be placed during the Execution Phase - in compliance with TEPA and Project procedures and with due respect to approved schedule and milestones. This includes:
- The preparation of tendering dossiers (technical Exhibits, General and Particular specifications), the launching of CFTs, the management of the clarification / negotiation phases, the evaluation of contractual and commercial proposals and the issue of final Recommendations to Award, including Due Diligence process.
- To prepare / coordinate the final set of contractual / commercial / technical documentation for these contracts.
- The preparation and follow-up of the associated Commitment process.
- The preparation and follow-up of external approvals with Partners and Concessionaire, as needed.
- The SURF contract engineer is responsible for clarifying and communicating the contract tools and mechanisms for the technical specialists to be aware of them.
- To manage the process associated with contractual and commercial changes (changes orders) according to Change Order Procedure and Delegation of Authorities in force and keeping in mind that a zero change policy applies beyond what was forecasted by contractual elements; coordinate requests for technical changes and follow-up related approval process.
- Ensure compliance of contracting activities is in accordance .
- Demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regards to H3SE rules & requirements and with regards to the Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy.
- To monitor all Cost remuneration to Contractor and participate in the compilation of Milestone Payment Certificates and Contractor Invoices.
- To participate, for SURF Contracts in the development of Project Budget and subsequent revisions (as requested) according to actual expenditure versus planned budget, potential changes.
- Legal counsel, Engineer or Management School qualification.
- Extensive experience in Contract Engineering/Management/Administration.
- Experience dealing with SURF, Topsides or EPC contracts.
- Excellent negotiation skills, contractual wording, cost control, communication.