Our client, a major O&G company, is looking for a Turnaround Technical Buyer to work within their facilities in Deer Park, TX
Plant site based role - responsible for managing materials procurement function of TA Materials C&P.
- Must have worked and be willing to work in highly collaborative work environment, dealing with contractors at site.
- Experience in O&G/Process Industry/ Petrochemicals - Relevant experience ~ 8 to 12 years. - Experience of Procurement (procure to pay cycle) of plant spares (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation) and equipment.
- Experience of EPC and Projects is an added advantage.
- Must have served representing operator companies in intensely collaborative environment.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English; excellent verbal and written negotiation skills with vendors is a must.
- Must be technically very sound with material specs, material evaluation on his / her own most of the time.
- Degree in mechanical / electrical engineering is preferred. Certification in supply chain management of procurement is a plus.