TEAM LEADER - COMMERCIAL PLANNING
Our client, an Oil Refinery company, are looking for a Team Leader in Commercial Planning to join them in Sohar, Oman.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Sohar, Oman
Start Date: ASAP
- Manage the sales invoicing activity by checking customer invoices have been paid against original contracts to ensure collected data is accurate and ensure the appropriate forecasting of the demand planning (volumetric) and pricing (price for costing activity. Prepare and issue instructions concerning invoice generation and ensure timely invoice distribution according to new or revised practices, procedures, or policies management.
- Manage the contractual relationships with suppliers and service suppliers, including drafting and agreeing contracts with them, reviewing services agreements, by controlling COGS (cost of goods sold e.g. chartering, shipping, inspection, discharging of port fees) to ensure targets are met within agreed timelines.
- Manage the HC (hydrocarbons) related activities for imports and exports to ensure achievement of company financial goals.
- Manage proactively the reporting of market data to stakeholders as and when required so that they receive the most up to date information and facilitate decision making
- Identifying, prioritising, managing and meeting a range of reporting requirements across the company.
- Continuously improving Commercial Planning & Market Intelligence capabilities, processes, procedures, practices and systems.
- Design and Development of Data Base ( including but not limited to prices, customers information etc ) for meeting the reporting requirements of the Management in order to make informed decisions.
- Maintain a decision support system within SCM to organise information in order to provide insights for Management decision making.
- Lead, coach and guide members of the team to such that this results in a motivated, engaged, high performing and capable team who deliver the department business plan.
- Plan for cross training of team members within the group and also provide dedicated training coaching time for staff in the department to enhance their capability.
- Leads the team in the implementation and adaptation of departmental or company change i.e. innovations, system processes and workflow improvements which leads to function delivery as guided by the Manager.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position is University degree in Engineering/ Economic / Finance/ Business or equivalent.
- Minimum four years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Minimum two years in a leadership role.
- Expertise of SAP or other ERP systems would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Cross functional business experience integrating marketing, sales and finance leading to commercial planning and delivery.
- Knowledge of refining and petrochemical industry and processes.
- Proficiency in M/S Office
- Report developing
- Effectiveness analysis