Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Technical Assistant to work in their facilities located in Midland, Texas.
You will be responsible retrieving engineering and geologic data from multiple platforms, data entry, data interpretation and properly distributing information to technical teams and systems of record. As well as, coordinate data management requirements with multiple engineers, geologists, and technical assistants, as well as with the support teams (land, finance, etc.) and external operators who provide production and well data.
- Data entry - This position will consist of completion information, drilling information, and production information.
- Experience engaging with other employees on database systems and engaging external customers
- View situation and determine appropriate solution.
- Effectively manage time and resources.
- Must be proactive to seek customers (ES and PE teams) to support each team member
- Must be willing to expand scope and proactively help.
- Proficiency with data mining and Quality Control from public, other company, and company sources
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and the ability to work with multi-discipline peers, managers, engineers, earth scientists, land, finance, auditors, and planners. Interacts positively with people in other work groups
- 5+ years of overall technical assistant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) - provide quality checked tables and accurate with detailed data entry.
- Experience retrieving engineering and geologic data from multiple platforms, interpreting the data, and properly distributing to technical teams and systems of record. This includes experience with Well Production History
- Manufacturing software - Experience with Peloton
- Desirable is understanding of oilfield terminology and concepts. Knowledge of operations, processes, and accounting requirements.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree- Science technology, engineering, or mathematics is preferred