Our client, an international Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Design/ Technical Lead to be based in their offices in Maputo, Mozambique. The role is offered with a long term contract, 28 Day on / 28 Day off rotation and negotiable daily rate.
Lead the design effort and activities from conception and execution to handover. Including the design effort from programming, concept, schematic, design development and construction design documentation.
- Lead technical and operational reviews to ensure Security, Safety, Health and Environmental aspects are included into project execution and facility operation & maintenance phase
- Manage the construction administration phase by monitoring and maintaining KPIs for Submittals, RFIs, Design Changes and all other design activities
- Perform design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and schedule restraints - Reviews industry building code, company policies and procedures to ensure design accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews technical reports, malfunction and maintenance to determine or address problems.
- Provides technical support for the engineering process.
- Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, support selection of equipment that can be supplied and maintained by local & regional suppliers
- Coordinates project issues resolution process
- Coordinates change requests & endorses change authorization
- Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives
- Architectural degree or a BSc degree in an Engineering field is acceptable
- Extensive experience in multiple assignments in architectural, engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set)
- Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Office suite of software programs
- Good knowledge of International Building Codes and in particular the South Africa Building code
- Excellent communication skills & ability to read, write & speak fluent English